Finance & Corporate Services
- Facilitate the activities of all Departments and Units for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Assisting in the formulation, execution and review of policies towards achieving the mandate of the Agency
- Responsible for capacity building (Local & International) training and development of all staff
- Management and Supervision of the Registry and Agency’s records
- Maintenance of the Agency’s fleet of operational vehicles, including insurance matters.
- Responsible for Personnel matters, staff discipline and career progression in line with Public Service Rules.
- Inter-departmental deployment of staff for effective service delivery.
- Implementation of staff welfare package policies of government
- Responsible for the recruitment and enumeration of project staff and operatives.
Budget and Planning Unit
The Planning Unit is saddled with the following under-listed responsibilities/Functions:-
- Support to the newly created Economic Intelligence Unit in the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget.
- Management of Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) processes in MDAs.
- Preparation of Annual Budget on the same format for all MDAs as well as Implementation, Monitoring and Control.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Programmes and Projects leading to Performance.
- Rendition of Monthly appraisal of Budget (Revenue, Recurrent and Capital Expenditure) returns from MDAs.
- Monitoring of the Implementation of the Ten Point Agenda (TPA), Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Vision 20:20 and such other High policy/planning documents as may be in general use and those peculiar to each MDAs.
- Provision of Technical support to Development Partners Programmes as it relates to specific MDAs (UN, UNDAF, DFID-SPARC, ILO etc.) being implemented through MEPB.
- Liaising with MEP&B on financial requests of the Agency.
- Liaising with State Tenders Board (STB).Liaising with relevant
- Agencies regarding planning/Budget matters.
- Tracking of Budget Performance periodically.
- Collection, Collation and Analysis s of Statistical Data relating to the activities of the Agency and forwarding such data to the Lagos State Bureau of Statistics at MEPB periodically.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with Financial Regulation, treasury circular and other relevant rules and policies.
- Maintain and keep relevant book of account of the Agency.Advice Management on all Accounting and Financial matters as it affect the Agency.
- Liaising with the state Treasury office and Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget on behalf of the Agency.
- Collection of remittance from the State Treasury Office and pay same into the agency Account for further disbursement.
- Supervise assign responsibilities, post and maintain discipline of account staff in the agency.
- Preparation of monthly and Quarterly Financial Report and other financial statement as may be required by the State Treasury Office.
- Performing any other assignment assigned to me by the Accounting Office and the State Treasury Office.